Thursday, 24 October 2013

Sharing Memories 2005 -2006


October 17th 2006
SCOTT BYERS
DORCHESTER
 ONT .
I LIVED DOWN THE STREET FROM THE RECTORY. MY FAMILY HAS 4 EARLY PAINTINGS FROM THE FORTIES OF REV . HICKS' WORK . I ALSO HAVE 6 XMAS POSTCARDS AND2 TWO PAGE XMAS LETTERS FROM 1964 , 1965.TYPED.
~~~~~~~~~
May 3rd 2006
Myra Mylott
Lincs/Cambs border 
UK
Most interesting. Really worth sharing and will return to further admire the paintings.
~~~~~~
July 15th 2005
Trevor Fowler
London
 ON Canada
My in-laws are originally from Dorchester and have a couple Reverend Hicks paintings that they admire and appreciate. I would like nothing more then to get them another one from such a talented home-town artist. Is there anyone out there who knows where I could acquire a painting or who might be willing to part with one? Rest assured that the paintings would be preserved, appreciated, and enjoyed. Please email me! Thanks.
~~~~
July 15th 2005
Paul Hicks
Poole
 Dorset England
I was very interested in your web-site as a fellow Hicks. My ancestors were mainly teachers and preachers and my father's sister was an artist - must be in the genes! Furthermore my daughter shares a similar name: Sarah Elizabeth Hicks!
~~~~~
  July 15th 2005 

Brian O'Neill
Dorchester Ontario
I used to work at the Mill Pond cutting trails you should be proud of yourself and your grandfather
~~~~~~~
July 15th 2005
Rex Studio and Gallery 
Niagara Falls Ontario Canada
Hi Sara! I have about six trays of slides, many with notations of place and date painted by Percy. Would you like to have some? Terrific work! Keep it up.
Rex & Darlene
~~~~~
July 15th 2005
Nathan Hicks 
Warwick , UK
It's great to see Grandpa's work finally on the web and on your well designed site, Sara. It's also lovely to read how fondly he is remembered.
Nathan and Åsa
~~~~~
July 15th 2005
Kathy McGrath
Ottawa Canada
I'm originally from Dorchester and worked at the Township office where I helped councillor Carl Hearn present a showing of Rev. Hicks work at the office. It was his artwork that gave me an appreciation of all the colour winter has to offer. I often think of him when driving and looking at the red dogwood and golden grasses poking through the snow. I am also fortunate to own one of his paintings of an old building (around Putnam I think).
~~~~~~~
July 15th 2005
Gord and Barb Smith 
HAMILTON
 , Ontario , Canada
Great job Sara,
Grandpa and Grandma would be so proud of your work. I will try to send some more stuff. Love you! your cousin in Canada .
~~~~~~~
July 15th 2005
Sharon Lucchesi   
USA
I enjoyed the added items to this website about your grandfather. It has been interesting to read about and see the very fine examples of your grandfather's talent. He seemed to have also had a talent for writing in a way to hold one's attention. I found what he wrote relaxing, informative with a touch of humor especially about the incident with those cows. He had a light delicate and beautiful touch to his painting with quite an ability to capture the atmosphere of the scene he painted. I thought as I viewed the pictures you displayed at the site. Hope to find more. Thanks for sharing.  

No comments: